Monday 15 April 2013

Justin - Don't reduce Anne Frank to a 'Belieber'...


So... Justin put this in the guestbook at the Anne Frank House:

"Truly inspiring to be able to come here. Anne was a great girl. Hopefully she would have been a belieber."

As someone who has been to the Anne Frank House and also signed the guestbook, I wanted to say a few things on the matter.


I also just want to say, I understand people who are saying his comments make her relatable to his young fans today - yes, maybe, but surely he could've just said about her age? Isn't that enough? Why does he have to directly link her with them? I've tried to think of other ways he could say it, relating her to his fans, but they still would sound so self-centred if they were coming from him.

And to the people saying "well people are talking about Anne Frank now, maybe his fans will read about her."

1. Anne Frank is more admired than Justin Bieber
2. Anne Frank is studied in schools across the world
3. Anne Frank has had countless documentaries made about her
4. Anne Frank's writing may go over the heads of some Bieber fans (mainly the ones that scream death threats at anyone who goes near their beloved Justin).

I know for a fact that if I have kids, I will teach them about Anne Frank, her family & the struggles of everyone who suffered during the Holocaust.

I will not be teaching them about Justin Bieber.

No comments:

Post a Comment